Dear Valued Patients,
The New Jersey Dermatology and Aesthetics Center would like to thank you for your patience and understanding during the temporary closure of our office due to COVID-19. We are pleased to announce that our office will be re-opening on a limited basis beginning May 19, 2020.
The office will be open on Tuesday-Friday from 8:30 AM-2:30 PM. We will continue to offer telemedicine appointments during this time. In addition, we will be offering in-office appointments on Wednesdays and Fridays.
What does this mean for patient safety? We will be taking significant precautions for patient and staff safety with our office re-opening. Please review the protocols below.
Office Safety Protocols include, but are not limited to:
- Patients will be scheduled at a reduced capacity to ensure appropriate social distancing.
- Patients will call the office from their car to announce their arrival. They will wait in their cars until we call or text them when we are ready for them to check-in.
- All patients will be screened for symptoms prior to entering the office including a temperature check. All patients who screen positive will be sent home, with no exceptions.
- All patients will be required to wear face masks, no exceptions
- All staff will be required to wear appropriate PPE including facemasks, gloves, and goggles, with no exceptions.
- Patients are to be seen alone, no guests allowed. Only one caregiver is permitted if the scheduled patient is a minor or has a physical/medical limitation.
- Signs in the office will notify patients of appropriate 6 ft social distancing to protect staff members and patients.
- Patients will be directly escorted from the waiting room to their own private exam room where they will remain for the duration of their visit.
- All exam rooms and high touch surfaces will be thoroughly disinfected after each patient.
- All new patients will be required to fill out their registration forms online, via our patient portal, prior to their appointment, with no exceptions.
- All patients will be required to have a credit card on file, no exceptions. All transactions will be made electronically as we will no longer be accepting cash or checks to limit contact transmission.
- Patient visit instructions will no longer be printed. All instructions, labs, prescriptions will be emailed to the patient to limit contact of materials
- All product sales are final. Any product purchases will be packaged and ready for pickup at the designated pickup area at the front desk.
- All elective cosmetic procedures will be postponed until permitted by the state of New Jersey. We will have a waiting list for patients interested in these services and will keep you updated.
To schedule an appointment or get more information, please call our office at 732-702-1212 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will continuously update our safety protocols based on data from the CDC and medical societies and will notify our patients. Thank you for your cooperation and patience during this unprecedented time. Stay healthy and safe.
Dr. Zain Husain and the NJ Dermatology and Aesthetics Center Staff
FAQs for Teledermatology
What is Teledermatology?
Teledermatology is a subspecialty of dermatology where phones, computers or other devices are used to exchange medical information in order to diagnose and treat various skin conditions.
What conditions are appropriate for a virtual visit?
Just about anything! We can help with acne, rashes, growths etc. New problems or follow up visit are equally appropriate. If the doctor believes a procedure or in-office visit is required she can schedule that for you during the consultation. Full body skin screenings will not be possible using this technology. If you aren’t sure, call our office and will help guide you.
Can I use my insurance?
Yes. Medicare and most major private insurance companies are covering virtual visits during the COVID-19 public health crisis*. However, these must be live video visits. Please call our office to schedule an appointment today. See instructions at the top of the page on the day of your appointment. We are using a platform called doxy.me for this service. It works on either phones or computers (as long as there are audio and video capabilities)
*If your insurance denies the claim you will be personally responsible for the bill.
I have an office visit booked– can I switch to a virtual visit instead?
Yes! Please call the office to switch.
I am not currently a patient of New Jersey Dermatology & Aesthetics Center. Can I use this service?
Yes! We are happy to see new patients. Please call the office (732-702-1212) to be entered into our system and schedule your visit.
How do I schedule a telemedicine visit?
- Please call the office (732-702-1212) to schedule a virtual video appointment or to convert your existing visit to a virtual one if appropriate. You can use your phone or computer for your visit.
NO APP DOWNLOAD REQUIRED.
- 10 minutes prior to your appointment please find a quiet location with good lighting.
- 5 minutes prior please click on your doctor’s link below to enter a virtual waiting room.
Allow audio/video if prompted.
Dr. Zain Husain: https://doxy.me/
- The doctor will start the visit when he is ready!